Christian Educators Outreach is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization formed in the USA for spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ through the support of partner organizations. CEO is involved in the ministry of the Gospel, providing relief for charitable, religious, educational, or scientific purposes, including serving the aged, the poor, the widowed, and the orphaned. The organization performs this by collecting and distributing resources to provide logistical and financial support for organizations and independent individual partners who serve in either a short or long term capacity. These partner organizations are involved with the development and maintaining of orphanages and camps for a variety of disadvantaged and at-risk children and youth; the support of churches and church planting; and teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
Since its founding in 2000, the organization, based in Charlottesville, Virginia, was administered by volunteers and donated labor, which has enabled CEO to channel the majority (greater than 90%) of donated funds directly to partners who serve primarily in the developing world. As a Christian organization which seeks to bring aid and education, it is important that we state our core beliefs: We take our philosophy from Jesus, who said that we should Love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and then that we should love our neighbor as our self. We believe the world is our neighbor.
In 2009 CEO took a step of faith. The board announced that Tom Foley would become a full-time employee of CEO, allowing him to pastor and serve the partners in the field more thoroughly and effectively.
CEO today is poised to open new fields of partnership in order to fulfill our Mission, which states: We cross cultures in Word and deed through education, development, and missional leadership to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those in need.
Our Core Beliefs
1. We believe in the historic creeds of the Christian faith—the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
2. We believe that the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is authoritative and trustworthy. Indeed, we believe that in the original autographs the Bible is infallible reflecting the character of God as he inspired these writings.
3. We believe that Jesus of Nazareth, later known as Jesus Christ was born as a result of a miraculous conception. That the Holy Spirit conceived Him in the womb of the Virgin Mary, that he is fully man and fully God, with there being no mixture in his dual nature—the perfect God-Man.
4. We believe that Jesus suffered and died on the cross, his blood being the only possible payment for the sins of man, and that He himself claimed this in saying “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6, NKJV). Therefore, we believe that there is no way to eternal life but through His atoning blood which was shed on the cross. We believe that when he died on the cross, He was dead—not in a coma or other state of unconsciousness.
5. We believe that Jesus miraculously rose from the dead in his body—that his resurrection was indeed both physical and spiritual.
6. We believe that Jesus will come again personally and visibly to establish his kingdom. We believe that His coming is imminent and that it is the Father’s plan; no one can know the time or date of his return.
7. We believe that we serve the one true God in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – who are all equal in attributes and same in character.
8. We believe that God made man in his own image. Sin was imputed to humanity from Adam. Therefore, because of this sin nature, man is incapable of a right relationship with God apart from the atoning work of Christ.
9. We believe that the great commission instructs believers to go “…to the end of the earth..” (Acts 1:8b, NKJV) to further spread the Gospel.
10. We believe that the universal “body of Christ” (I Cor. 12:27, NKJV) – the holy catholic church—is made up of believers in Jesus, and that his body should strive to work in harmony regardless of denominational label.
As we agree in Christ and in the aforementioned doctrines, we will work together to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ”…to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8b, NKJV)